This is probably the easiest and tastiest way I know to cook and eat chicken. That and my love for zucchini means that this is one of my favorite recipes. You can definitely put this on skewers and grill it outside, but my sad, tiny grill cannot withstand the gusts of wind that buffet the roof deck every couple of minutes. I’m thinking about making a wind shelter for the little guy, but in the meantime I’ll continue to bake this in the oven.
This is great with a Greek salad, pita, tzatziki sauce, and/or hummus.
Chicken Souvlaki with Zucchini and Onions
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- Oven: ~375 degrees Fahrenheit (Toaster Oven: ~350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a container.
- Add chicken to container and coat chicken in mix.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place zucchini and onions in a 9×13 inch pan.
- Add chicken to pan and swirl everything around.
- Bake uncovered for ~20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.